Thursday, February 12, 2009

1st Year Molars

Rowen loves playing with these photos of babies from an old calendar that my mom laminated for him to drool all over! He plays peek a boo with them and gives them all kisses.




Rowen has been battling a cold over the last few days, runny nose, cough, congestion, etc. He is such a trooper as usual, still smiling, playing and using his new walking skills to get into everything! He is also drooling like crazy and has been for the past few weeks. I have been feeling for new teeth every other day or so for the past month thinking that any day he will get a new one as it has been quite awhile since his last new tooth.

Well today I was feeling his gums and there it was- a molar popping through! I almost screamed I was so surprised. Rowen thought my reaction was funny. I felt on the other side and WOW- there is the other one! Poor guy, battling a cold and two molars coming through all at the same time.

I have to admit, I did get a little emotional, my little guy is just growing so fast. The walking and molars make him seem more like a toddler than my baby.

4 comments:

The Brennan Fam said...

These pictures are so sweet! I know it is sad to watch time fly by, as I am experiencing the same emotional feelings all over again...but one thing I also know is how each new stage will become your favorite....

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

I cannot believe how quick they grow either. I knew it would go fast, but not this fast. Anyways we are lucky because we appreciate it and enjoy every moment. I love those pictures....Clara loves baby faces too. Miss you guys lots!

This Is The Day said...

He is getting SO big! It does go by way too fast!

Kariya still has Rowen's b-day invitation and whenever she finds it she gives it lots of hugs and kisses. :)

Those molars are tough, hang in there Rowen!

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

What a sweetheart! I love the picture of Rowen kissing the babies. I hope he is feeling better and those pesky molars aren't giving him or you too much trouble. Can't wait to see the three of you tonight!!!