Friday, April 24, 2009

Out and about...

Over the past week Rowen and I have been pretty busy...

Happy Birthday, Charlie!
Last Friday we celebrated Charlie's 5th birthday at Jump and Bounce. Charlie is my cousin along wtih Olivia (2), Matt (10) and Liz (14). Charlie had a great time and so did all of his friends!


Charlie (orange shirt holding the basketball) and all of his friends.


Rowen loved this slide. Look at his face!

MOBIUS KIDS
On Wednesday we spent the afternoon with Devri and Cooper. First we did a little shopping then headed to Mobius Kids. Rowen loves that place. He runs around and explores.

Mama and Rowen playing in the house.

Cooper- he is such a good sport! Not a single fuss the entire time. What a good friend!


These little cars are a part of the museum called, "Cooper's Corner", dedicated to traffic safety. Rowen loved being pushed around on the car but it was exhausting for mama!


Rowen was fascinated with this little boy who used one of the costumes in the museum to dress up as Tigger. Tigger is one of Rowen's favorite characters so he followed this little boy around for quite awhile and pointed at him. I think he really thought the little boy was Tigger :).


Rowen, rockin' out on the stage.

This area of the museum is perfect for Rowen.
It has soft mats to crawl over and under as well as a train set, blocks and other fun toys!

STORY TIME
This morning (Friday) we went to our weekly story time at the library. Rowen is almost getting a little too old for this group but he loves it so much that I can't stop going! Rowen mostly wants to walk around and stare at all the other babies the entire time. He walks up to each one and stands in front of them and waves hello, then he will just continue to stand there and stare, smile, and chatter at them. I guess he likes to socialize. He is by far the most active baby there! He is all over the place the entire time. I am chasing him around most of the time. The teacher starts each class with a song and bubbles. Then she reads a story, then another song with hand movements, another story, another song with some sign language, and then ends with bubbles. Rowen is in heaven the entire time. He loves books, signing, bubbles and songs to it is right up his ally!
His story time teacher and a few of his story time friends.


Popping bubbles!

When story time is over Rowen and I go choose about 5-10 books to check out for the week. Rowen loves this part. He will sit and look at books for another 20 minutes most days. He helps me carry the books to the self checkout station and watches as I scan each book. Then we carry them to the car and he usually "reads" one on our drive home.

Yes, he can read Spanish too! :)


He gets soooo into his books. I love seeing him love books so much.
I hope it continues for many years to come.

No comments: