Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chatter Bug

As I remember the more interesting or funny things that Rowen has been saying for awhile now or are new I will add them to this post, mostly just for me to look back at later. I wish I would have started this "list" earlier because there is so much to document :)

March 19

"What's that?" or "What's this?"- I guess this is the beginning of the toddler questions. Ro asks me this at least 10 times a day. I am constantly telling him the name of something and then he usually remembers it. Today we were swinging together and he pointed to the chain and asked, "What's this?". I told him and for the rest of the time we were outside playing he kept pointing to the chain saying, "Chain mama!"

Rowen has started to blurt out random facts at the least expected times and places. Today in the car he said, "Mama, frogs eat bugs."- clear as a bell
me: "Yes, they do. Where do they live?"
Ro: "nests"-- I guess we will have to start working on animal habitats :)


March 12

"too hard mommy"- when he is having a hard time doing something himself OR he doesn't want to do it himself :)

"play friends!"- when he wants to go play with someone (mostly Cooper!)

"Love you mommy/daddy"

"glad to meet ya"- we are pretty sure he learned this from Grandpa :)

"you want to race?"- when he wants us to chase him or when playing with his toy cars

"Go get cars downstairs/upstairs, ______ (mommy, daddy, grammy)"

"Roro want to play"

March 6
"I like it! I like it!"- when being spun in circles by Daddy, when eating something yummy, when playing something fun, etc.


"I did it! I did it!"-when he has accomplished something new or challenging.

"No work mommy!"- when he thinks I am leaving him to go to work.

If I say something doesn't work or is broken he immediately says, "Daddy fix it!"

"Lady Gaga"- This one requires a little explaining. He saw her on a morning TV show while she was being interviewed and ever since he says that name in the most random places and times. For example, in the grocery store in the pasta isle he burst out, "Mama, Lady Gaga!" and when singing Happy Birthday for the hundredth time on the way home from work one day he said, "sing happy birthday to friend", I replied with, "what friend?", this is when Rowen replied with, "Lady Gaga". My mom and I couldn't help but to burst out laughing. Rowen was appalled by this and looked at us both in disgust. We DID NOT sing happy birthday to Laday Gaga. I convinced him to sing to Gigi instead :).

"no listen"- He says this to us when we can't understand what he is saying. This usually only happens when he is saying something new that we haven't' heard him say much yet and therefore can't decipher the pronunciation. Rowen becomes quite frustrated with us easily in these types of situations :).

On the way to Nana and Grandpa's in the morning my mom tells him to let Nana and Grandpa know that he is on his way. This is his cue to start yelling, "Nana, Grandpa, here I come!". Grammy says he will yell it from Betz to there house some days. My mom says that he also yells out, "Nana, toast ready!", when he is hungry.

And there are many more... I will keep adding to this as I remember :).

3 comments:

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

So funny! I especially love that he likes to say Lady Gaga...and I can understand why - it is just fun to say! :-) Can't wait for more Rowenisms!

This Is The Day said...

These are all so cute! I need to do a post like this. Right now I just have a piece of paper on the kitchen where I write things down. Can't wait for more Rowenisms! :)

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

I love reading this! Oh he has a sweet personality! I love the "nice to meet ya!" and "Roro want to play!" Oh that melts my heart.