- Can put on a SERIOUS temper tantrum show. It is awful and funny at the same time.
- Is very interested in emotions right now. He will ask us what our face means when we look concerned or frustrated. He has also asked me in these words... "What does scary mean?" and "What does angry mean?". This has been interesting for me to come up with definitons that make sense to a 2 1/2 year old.
- Uses the term, "last week..." as in "I played with Cooper last week" or "I lost that car last week". It is always funny to hear him use this term because he doesn't use it exactly right but he is always referring to the past so he is close :).
- Says, "Good end" at the end of every book we read. I think that is perfect because every book we read is pretty good :).
- Tells us he loves us often--"I wuv you mommy." Walks up to hug my legs and gives me kisses throughout the day.
- Points to words in books, on boxes, on anything that has words and says, "Whats this say?", over and over again until I have pretty much read the entire book, label, etc to him.
- Wants to climb into his car seat all by himself- says, "I climb like a monkey, mommy" and takes his sweet time getting into his seat.
- LOVES summer... swimming in his little pool, going to the lake, playing in the sand and dirt, spending lots of quality time with Grammy, etc.
- Has a HUGE imagination. He makes up stories, talks for all of his toys, Big Hungry Bear is still a big part of his life (goes everywhere with us- Grammy and Papa's house, the lake, in the car, over to Cooper's house, etc.)
- Loves to sing songs- ABC's; Twinkle Twinkle; Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Not sure he likes bugs very much
- Talking like crazy- telling us about everything and anything (see the Rowenisms on the side of the blog here)
- Has a great memory- don't try to get anything past Rowen because he WILL remember
- Likes to act out his favorite stories and Nursery Rhymes. He often acts out Humpty Dumpty with his Humpty Dumpty stuffed toy. Another favorite to act out over and over again is Goldilocks and The Three Bears with Grammy.
- tells us he is "strong" and we agree
- still loves cars and books more than anything but is becoming more and more interested in building with blocks and legos
- recently "learned" to play the harmonica (videos to come)
- more to come... I will add to this as I think of things
PS- I thought it would be fun for you, the reader, to add to this list- leave your additions in the comments and I will add them here :). What do you notice about Rowen at this age?


2 comments:
Adorable post! I was just reading the side margin where you log some of his sayings. I love the one about Coco talking. Shows his great imagination. Clara saw a stroller the other day and said that looks like Roro's stroller. Not sure when she has seen his but nice she thinks of him a lot :)
We used the Lora Jensen 3 day potty training. It is an e-book you buy online. The book isn't actually in print anywhere. I think it was about $25 and was about 50 pages. She is a mom of 6 and has no actual medical background, but I thought her methods made sense. I googled it before I bought it and found a lot of good reviews.
Good luck with the potty training. I think Emery would have done great it we hadn't taken him on a road trip the next day. One of the keys with the 3 day method is to stick with it. Emery didn't go in the potty once on day two and I was so discouraged. But on day three all the sudden it clicked and he didn't have a single accident after 10 AM.
It's surprising how emotional you can get over potty training. I just keep telling myself, this phase will be over before I know it. ;)
Post a Comment