With Rowen I took TONS of belly pictures. I found it fascinating how my belly went gradually from somewhat smooth and flat to smoothly round. This time I don't have that same fascination. I think mostly because it was bumpy round before I got pregnant this time so it just isn't nearly as cute and it was not a gradual process. I am okay with that, really, but it is different the second time- I don't really want to capture this belly on camera nearly as much. I look bigger in real life than in this photo. It really depends on what I wear. Some shirts make me look really round and others not so much.I am craving lots of bad, bad food- anything salty and full of fat, some sweet cravings but not as much as you would think (I love sweets!!!). I also crave fruit and crunchy veggies but it seems like the bad food cravings win most of the time. I am exercising on a very regular basis (at least 5 days a week) to try to keep my blood pressure and stress levels in check and to just feel better about life in general- that is what exercise does for me, it is kind of a happy drug. It is not to burn calories so don't worry! Believe me, I am doing nothing major just walking on the treadmill and I have a few great prenatal workout videos I look forward to.
Rowen asks me often...
How did that baby get in there? He asks this question at least a few times a week. Recently I was sitting in the ski lodge with him with very few other people around but definitely close enough to hear him say, "How did that baby get in there?", in a very loud voice. I have decided that the best answer for us and for Rowen is that when mommies and daddies love each other lots and lots they can make a baby. So far that is working but he still asks often as if he is sure one day I will tell him the truth. He explained how the baby got in my belly to Devri the other day using that explanation so I guess he is buying it for now :). I knew Ro would be determined to know all the details because that is just how he is about everything... so very curious.
What is the baby saying? I tell him the baby is asking questions about its big brother. He loves this so we talk about all the things that baby wants to know about him. Rowen tells me often that when the baby is born he will hold the baby while I go get the diapers. Oh my! This is going to be interesting.
When Rowen is asked if he thinks the baby is a boy or a girl he consistently says "girl", however, whenever he talks about the baby he almost always says "he".
My next appointment is the BIG one! On my 32nd birthday (April 22) we have an ultrasound then an appointment with my OB. We are not finding out the gender but I am just as excited about this ultrasound as I was with Rowen's. I just want to see a healthy, growing, beautiful baby.
4 comments:
Yay - it is so fun to hear all about pregnancy/baby #2. I can imagine you do feel different about taking belly shots the second time around because we all know nothing looks the same after #1! But, you DO look amazing, Liz - your little baby bump is adorable. Rowen's explanation to me of how "that baby" got in there was precious and priceless. No doubt he is going to be such a good big bro.
I was going to stop by and say I'm sure you look great pregnant because you were so slender to start with and I saw you posted a picture:) Bellies are funny the second time around. I never completely got rid of my belly fat from Emery even though I lost all my baby weight plus 20 lbs. But hey one of the great things about being pregnant is you don't have to worry about sucking your belly in ;)
You look AWESOME Liza! Seriously! I know how you feel b/c I felt HUGE with Seyler right from the beginning and people kept telling me I looked small. So I know you feel big but you look adorable with that perfectly round little baby bump!
LOVE Rowen's explanation of how "that baby" got in there. Too cute!
You look lovely and are still so tiny, Liza! I'm so excited for you both. Looking forward to keeping up on your pregnancy! =)
Post a Comment