
Our little Pax is keeping us very happy and quite busy. He is truly a super sweet baby. He is easy to please for the most part and is soooo adorable! Here are the things we have learned about him during his first month of life...

At 1 month old Paxton...
Weighs: 10 lbs 7 oz
Height: ?
He is such a snuggler. I love this of course! I can carry him around in the Moby wrap most of the time. At first he doesn't like it but then he falls right to sleep and sometimes will sleep in it for hours while Rowen and I are out and about or we are at home and I am getting little things done around the house.

Pax has been snuggled by so many people who love him during his first month. His Grammy and Papa and his Nana and Grandpa have all had lots of snuggle time with Pax. Daddy gets in some time each night and Rowen would like for Pax to sleep with him all night but we are not there yet of course ;). Mommy gets the most snuggles and I plan to keep it that way for as long as I can!

He is mostly very content until the evening rolls around and then fussy time begins. It seems to last about 2-3 hours then he finally falls asleep and does really well throughout the night thank goodness. I have found that taking him outside often calms him down. Also, daddy walks him around the house so that he can look at all the lights.

Likes his swing. If we wrap him up tight and get him swinging in that thing he will sleep through lots of noise and give mommy some time to eat, feed Rowen, and sometimes get a shower.
Loves to snuggle with his Grammy. She can put him to sleep in seconds! Eric asked her to move in. That is how good she is :).
He poops so much I am amazed even as a second time mom. I don't remember this much poop with Rowen :). I am glad that everything is working well for Pax but I am looking forward to the pooping to slow down a bit!

Sleeps really well when I am holding him! Pax usually does a three hour stretch then a 4-5 hour stretch, if I am holding him. However, the past few nights I have been putting him down in the co-sleeper and he is sleeping 3 hour stretches which is still great for now! I could never sleep holding Rowen but this time with Pax I am able to relax much more and fall asleep with him in my arms. I don't sleep that great of course but at least it is sleep and right now that is all I want. I have also been putting him down for naps more and more. He has had a few long ones and then the next day I can't put him down without him crying.

Pax is still pretty much in the eat, poop, awake for about 30 -45 minutes or so then sleep for an hour or two routine. Sometimes he will go really long stretches between feedings and other days it seems like all I do is breast feed.

Speaking of feeding Paxton, he really loves his milk! He is a getting much faster at nursing and guzzles down each meal. Consequently he is gaining weight very well and is starting to show some major signs of becoming a serious chunk. I love chunky babies (Rowen was the epitome of a chunky baby) so I am loving every new roll and extra chin!

Unfortunately, Paxton had a tongue tie and a lip tie. This caused breast feeding problems mostly for me. Paxton was somehow still transferring milk really well and thus gaining weight like a champ but I was extremely sore and damaged :(. Pax had his tongue tie and lip tie clipped by an ENT (an entirely different and long story). It was a sad experience for Pax and mommy and daddy! Grammy too, she came to one of the appointments with us. However, we are through that ordeal now and are just trying to focus on getting me healed. This is proving to be more of a challenge than we expected. I am hopeful that I will be feeling back to "normal" soon.

Is taking a pacifier pretty well. We tried to give Rowen a pacifier for a few weeks but he wasn't too interested and we actually were relieved. We didn't want to have to rely on a pacifier all the time and we especially didn't want to have to wean him off of it. However, with my need to have some time without a baby using me as a pacifier so that I can heal, we have decided to give it more of a shot with Paxton. It is a life saver at times!


Paxton despises his car seat. I think he dislikes it as much as his big brother did at this age. The great thing about being a mama for the second time is knowing that it is just a phase and it will pass pretty quickly.

Paxton has met lots of new friends already. Porter is almost exactly one month older than Pax (photo of Porter and Paxton below), Callen is 2 months older, and then of course all of his older buddies- Cooper, Bennett, Josie, and all of his cousins- Olivia, Matt, Charlie, and Liz.

Paxton has truly completed our family. It just feels right- me, Eric and our two boys. I am amazed at how wonderful it feels to have my two kids here with me all the time. Eric and I are so fortunate, so grateful for our Pax!

Stayed tuned for some photos of Rowen and his "little guy".
3 comments:
Great pictures! He REALLY looks like Rowen in that second to last one! I love love love the one of Pax and Rowen at the end. Sorry to hear the tounge tie thing didn't go very well. :( Poor baby. And poor you! Hope you heal quickly!
Loved reading about Pax at one month and looking at all the great pics. I agree with Rachel - your boys look so much alike in the second to last picture! And the picture of Eric with Ro and Pax is so sweet. It is great that he loves the Moby wrap, swing, and paci - all lifesavers, I'm sure! I really do think I may need to borrow your mom in April. :-)
I love these pictures and reading all about Pax and your beautiful family! I love how snuggly he is- that is so much fun. It sounds like you are enjoying every precious moment. I cannot wait to meet this sweet new baby boy! Sending big hugs!
Post a Comment