Sunday, October 23, 2011

Paxton at 2 months

Paxton had his 2 month appointment on October 27th.
Weight: 12 lbs 13 oz
Height: 24 inches
In the 97th and 98th percentiles- not sure which is which :)






Pax is loving bath time these days. We have done a few baths in the kitchen sink but we usually give him a bath in his little tub in the upstairs bath tub. When he is especially cranky in the evenings I will put him in the tub and he will calm right down.


Enjoys his play mat. Pax smiles at the animals and kicks his legs.
Mama loves those pink lips and blue eyes.


Pax is hungry here- he rolled over and began eating the play mat :).


Big Brother and Little Brother. They are so darling- they make my heart soar with love for them.


Smiles! Pax is smiling more and more.
He gives us all smiles but especially loves to give mommy smiles.


Pax and his buddy Porter. They are almost exactly one month apart.




Paxton is...
  • smiling
  • cooing
  • giggling in his sleep
  • loves to snuggle with mommy
  • loves his swing! has taken some seriously long naps in it!
  • very happy in the morning
  • likes bath time
  • gets tired out pretty quickly still- eats, plays for about 45 minutes then is exhausted and cranky
  • once Pax is swaddled he clams down and his eyes begin to droop
  • wakes up slowly and calmly- smiles lots when first wakes up
  • wearing 3 month clothing, some bigger 0-3 month stuff and some smaller 3-6 month stuff
  • loves to lay on his changing pad anywhere in the house- this has come in handy when I need to take a shower. Pax will lay there and kick and coo and smile at me.
  • responds to our voices- if he hears Rowen he will turn his head from side to side looking for him until Ro comes into view, then smiles usually appear for his big brother.
  • Paxton will stare at me for long periods of time. I love this. His eyes follow me around the room. If I get out of sight I usually hear a little whimper. He rarely cries hard unless he is very hungry or very tired. When I come back into view I almost always get a big grin from him. It melts my heart. As I carry him around the house he will stare at me, never looking away. I think it is so sweet. Eric said that he doesn't remember Rowen looking at me so much but it is easy to forget these things, that is why I am writing them down. I will never forget the night Paxton was born, he was born late so we were alone in our room within a few hours. In the dark hospital room while daddy slept on the couch beside our bed, Pax and I stared at each other during those short fleeting moments when was actually awake and alert. I was amazed at how alert he was at times and how calm he was. His eyes would meet mine and I couldn't look away for anything!
  • I haven't left Paxton with anyone yet. I know he would do fine without me but I am feeling very connected to him right now. I think Eric and I will go on a date soon though.
  • Paxton still dislikes his car seat. Hopefully this will change soon because we are on the go most days.
  • Still likes to ride along in the Moby or the Ergo. I go on a walk at least 3 times a week and I carry Pax in the Ergo most days. As long as he is fed and changed he is pretty happy in either one.
  • definitely knows big brothers voice and gives Rowen lots of smiles
I am sure there is more... I will be back to add on.

1 comment:

This Is The Day said...

So fun to read about how much he is growing and changing already! I love how you described him looking at you. That is too precious.