4 months:
weight: 15.9 lbs- 88%
height: 25.5 in- 88%
head: 16.5 in- 60 %






Here is what Paxton has been up to over the last few months...
- 2 ear infections- Unlike his older brother who also had many ear infections, I don't have to guess if Paxton has one; he cries really hard for a long time and nothing can console him. This is very unusual for Pax so I have known both times that we needed to go to the doctor right away and sure enough both times he had an ear infection. It was much harder to tell with Rowen at first so I hate to see Pax cry but at least I know that something is really wrong and I can take care of it quickly.
- seems to be teething- lots of drool and loves to suck on his whole fist, his fingers, our fingers, and anything else we put near his mouth. I am just sure a tooth will pop out any day but so far nothing.
- started eating a few solids- rice cereal, apple sauce, prunes, sweet potatoes. His whole body shuttered the first time we fed him rice cereal. Now he makes a disgusted face with the first few bites of everything, every time, but then he opens his mouth big like a little bird for each bite after that. I think he is going to like food just like his big brother!
- not interested in rolling over at all, rolls to his side and just teeters there then back to his back, has rolled over one time very recently but it was truly an accident!
- still dislikes tummy time with a passion- we do it but it doesn't last long
- likes to sit in his bumbo seat and watch mommy do dishes and make meals
- giggling lots- not only when we tickle him but also when we make funny faces or make funny sounds, such a darling laugh he has!
- smiles at everyone- strangers love this! Rowen still gets the most smiles :).
- those blue eyes continue to be his sweetest feature
- moving much more when he is being held- lunging himself forward or towards things (especially our food!)
- still not grasping at things very much, not interested in holding anything in his hands yet but is starting to more and more
- sleeps really well when he doesn't have an ear infection- 7 p.m. to anywhere between 3 and 5, then usually goes back to sleep until 6 or 7 ish (there have been a handful of 7:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. nights in there but not enough of them!)
- We are trying to get a nap schedule down but it has been difficult when I have to leave the house to get Rowen to and from preschool and music class. Paxton often falls asleep in the car and then doesn't nap well at home. I am hoping this gets better with time.
- major snuggler! I love this so much. He curls up against my chest as I carry him around the house, tucks his head in the crook of my neck and sucks on his fingers. He also likes to put his elbow on my shoulder as I carry him around and looks around at everything with such intense interest.
- blowing bubbles and making funny sounds with his mouth often, chatters and lets us know when he feels passionate about something weather happy or sad.
- Big brother greets Paxton each morning by going into his room and climbing up onto the crib and saying, "Good morning little guy!". Paxton smiles big right back at Rowen. It is truly so sweet. I often watch this exchange from the monitor in my room and I hope I never forget it!
- Sitting/standing in his exersaucer. Pax just stares at the toys and is starting to reach out to grab some of them but mostly is just very content sitting there looking around at us and the toys- such a laid back little guy!
5 months:
weight: 17.5 lbs
height: ?






4 comments:
I can't believe how big he is getting already! It goes so fast! He is such a cutie. LOVE the picture of the boys on the bed and the ones of him snuggling with you and Eric. Precious.
He is so precious Liza! I love his chubs. Sounds like a sweetie! Rowen is such a good big brother, love it! What a cute family!
Love this post! The photos are darling. The one on Eric's shoulder is precious and the one with Ro and Pax Smiling is so sweet. What a sweet baby boy.
We just love this sweet, easy going boy! Good job documenting all his latest accomplishments, Mama. I do love watching him eat...that disgusted face he makes is hilarious!
Post a Comment