Thursday, February 23, 2012

A joint baby shower for two special ladies



It is hard to explain how special my girlfriends are to me. We have grown up together and become more than girlfriends, we have become family. Over the many years we have been friends we have experienced so many different things with one another I can't list them all... playing as little girls with dolls and barbies, having slumber parties and staying up all night (ok, well I never did but they did :)), taking ballet together, skiing together, exploring the wilderness together, shopping together, sharing tons and tons of clothes over the years, going on special trips together as kids and as adults, sharing dorm rooms and first apartments, going grocery shopping together, cooking together, doing laundry together, cleaning together, discussing boys and then men together, being in each other's weddings, helping each other move into first homes, being pregnant together, crying together and crying for one another's heart breaks and triumphs, being the first to know something very special, I could go on and on. These girls are like my sisters really. None of my best girlfriends have a sister so we have always said that we are each other's sisters and I truly feel that is true. I have no doubt that throughout our lives we will always be connected, loving and supporting each other through all of life's ups and downs. How would I ever live without any one of them?

Recently was one of the "ups"! Two of my best girlfriends are expecting their second baby within 2 1/2 weeks of each other. Our pregnancies have all been intertwined with due dates pretty close somehow but I think this is the closest due date so far! Josie and I couldn't resist spoiling two of our favorite gals!

Madeline and Devri- the adorable mamas


Our traditional baby shower cake from Just American Desserts. It is so incredibly delicious!


Maddy is expecting a boy (she has a 3 year old girl) and
Devri is expecting a girl (she has a 3 year old boy).
We love and support each other's children as if they were our own nieces and nephews. I can't wait to get my hands on these two sweet babies!

Josie volunteered her absolutely gorgeous home for the occasion.


Catching up and playing games.
This shower was a "girlfriends only" shower. Most of the ladies at the shower have known each other since at least high school if not much longer. It was a blast!





Here we are celebrating together again.
I know we will get many more chances to celebrate over the years!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liza that was one of the sweetest posts I've ever read! How special! Your friendships really are pretty amazing!

Haaks2 said...

OH Liza what a sweet post! It looks like you have some great friends! That's so fun to add to the family. Looks like a fun shower with friends, those are the best kind. Congrats!

This Is The Day said...

That is so neat that you girls are so close! I think everybody wishes for these kinds of friendships! You guys are very blessed to have each other! And what fun that you get to see the next generation forming the same kind of bond. So sweet.

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

I just love you Liz...this is such a special post! Reading through the list of experiences we have shared was a trip down memory lane...it made me laugh and get teary eyed! It is so true that we are more than friends - we are sisters. You and Jos truly spoiled me and Mad. It was such a fun and memorable shower. I loved every minute!

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Love this post so very much! I could not have thought of a better way to write what we have gone through over the years together, how precious our times together are! You mean the world to me and I am so thankful to have you in my life. I love you Liz! Thank you for giving us this gift of having a party together, it was so very special to me!