Monday, July 30, 2012

Paxton's 10th Month












This past month has been crazy around here! Our littlest boy is VERY mobile! I can't believe the difference it has made in our daily lives. Gone is the laid back baby who sat on my lap, watching big brother play. Gone is the baby who pretty much only smiled and giggled at everything and everyone. Gone is the baby who left all of the big brother's toys alone :). These wonderful things may not be as much a part of our days any longer but the active, delightful, curious little guy who is quickly emerging is just as much fun and lovable!

  • crawling
  • discovered the stairs (the gates went up quickly!)
  • pulling up to his knees and occasionally to his feet
  • waving bye bye
  • clapping
  • dancing to music
  • throws a little temper tantrum when things don't go his way (big uh oh!!!)- kicks legs and screams
  • does the "bear crawl" (hands and feet) occasionally
  • tries to "woof" like a dog
  • throws food off of his highchair tray then looks at us and shakes his head back and forth
  • when we say "no no Pax" in a soft voice he looks at us and either growls at us, shakes his head back and forth, or makes a whiny sound
  • adores animals, especially dogs and of course our Coco
  • loves animal sounds and tries to do them himself- they usually come out as a grunt or a sniff
  • LOVES to eat everything- don't even try to eat anything in front of him without an option for Pax too! 
  • laughs and smiles all day long still
  • teething so the laughing and smiling is broken up with some whining but nothing major
  • one tooth on top and one tooth on the bottom coming through with a few more on top and bottom showing up
  • nursing only about twice a day- I think we are VERY close to being done :(
  • takes a bottle before bed
  • has been traveling a bit- has done really well with it for the most part
  • drinking water only out of a sippy cup because he still lets much of it run down his chin and onto everything else :)
  • favorite playmate is still big brother, big brother gets the biggest smiles still
  • loves to play "chase" and ball with big brother
  • I have let Pax eat lots of foods that I never let Rowen eat at this point- ice cream, frozen yogurt, whole milk (his doctor actually recommended we do this one), butter (also doctors recommendation), jelly, little bites of treats we are eating like cake, icing, pie, etc. I hope I don't mess his metabolism up for life! 
  • still saying mama and dada the most and lots of jibber jabber

Paxton,
I can't believe you are almost 1 year old! How did this happen my littlest boy?! You fill our days with so much joy. We can't get enough of watching you explore your world with such intense interest while crawling all over our house and any where else we will put you down. Your lovable personality is such a gift to us.
Love, Mama

3 comments:

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

How amazing! It really helps me prepare for the changes that are coming for us when Hudson starts crawling. Pax is loveable on every way!!

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

You are an even busier mama nowadays! Such exciting developments for Pax and the whole family! I look at Quinn and just want her to stay like she is, but then I look at Paxton and get excited about what's to come. He is a delight!

This Is The Day said...

I just finished Seyler's babybook and noticed that this is about the time the girls really started to play together...of course they had to be constantly supervised. I well remember those busy days! Very fun but very exhausting for Mama! But each month brings less supervision and more independence. :) Pax is such a cutie pie! He is looking less like Rowen to me. I can't believe he's almost 1!!!