Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pax at 13 months

It feels like Pax is official a one year old now that he is 13+ months old. Here are a some of the things Pax is up to these days...




  • saying "uh oh" much more clearly
  • still cruising but starting to let go much more often
  • can entertain himself for long periods of time- he just explores the house and hunts down poor Racoco!
  • has been giving us lots of open mouth kisses at random times
  • bit me once on the shoulder when I was wearing a tank top (I think he was intrigued by the skin)- I screamed a little and it scared him pretty good
  • LOVES chocolate- this boy was so meant to be a part of this family :)
  • started signing! finally! he only signs for "more" but at least it is a start.
  • unrolls toilet paper rolls like a pro (and very quickly tears it up into tiny pieces:))
  • blowing lots of kisses at random times- I just love this
  • has quite the temper- yes, my mellow little baby has turned into a very demanding, loud, screaming little person
  • still is such a snuggler!
  • early riser just like his big bro :)
  • sleeping well at night and for his two naps
  • gets into EVERYTHING! I mean this kid is seriously busy, busy, busy but I can't complain because he keeps himself pretty happy all day while I am trying to keep the big brother happy all day (that is another story).
  • wearing 12 month and some 12-18 month clothing
  • was weighed at right about 13 months and was 22 lbs
  • still crazy about daddy but I think he might be becoming a mama's boy more and more (YAY! I will take it while I can!)
  • fake laughs whenever he hears anyone else laughing... this is so hilarious and incredibly cute!
  • loves to "aaaaah choooo" over and over to make us laugh
  • claps for himself often and others- such a cheerleader!
  • is obsessed with the refrigerator- I can't open it without him bee lining it to get into it!
  • loves to eat nectarines, plums, pears- any fruit that is soft and that he can get his hands around the entire thing and just devour (don't worry I watch very carefully and get the pit out before he gets to it)
  • when I ask Pax, "Where is Roro?" he almost always roars! This is so funny because Rowen roars a lot! OR if I say, "Say Roro", Pax will roar instead :).
  • Pax gets sooooo excited to see Rowen when Rowen gets home from preschool. It is so precious!
  • I think I mentioned before that Pax is happiest when he is really dirty (just like his daddy by they way:)) and there is no better place to get really dirty than outside in the dirt and rocks. Well, Pax will stand at the slider door and whine and moan until I go outside with him! He is relentless. The other day it was super windy out so I wouldn't go outside with him and he really threw a temper tantrum. It was a bit concerning. I don't know what I am going to do this winter :(. I think I better invest in a full snowsuit for myself so I can get in and out of it quickly!

3 comments:

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

Such a little sweetheart...love those open mouthed kisses and kisses that are blown too! It is so fun to watch him try to keep up with Ro. You can tell that Pax idolizes him. I need to hear his fake laugh. :)

This Is The Day said...

So fun to read about Paxton! Seyler was also very mellow at first but then figured out she had to be loud to be heard over sister. She definitely learned how to hold her own and get her way too sometimes! :)

I love the roaring thing. Too cute!

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Love that he roars when trying to call for Ro! How sweet- he wants to be just like big bro! Glad he sleeps well- that makes such a difference for us Mamas :) I am so excited to see he cruising around when we visit! Those blue eyes still amaze me!