Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Henry

My nephew arrived on November 18th at 1:27 a.m.
7 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long

Welcome Henry Dean Mustard! 
We love you more than you will ever know!



 This is the first photo we got of Henry from TJ. I immediately thought that he looks like TJ and Rowen as a newborn!


Henry was so calm the entire time we were visiting.


 I can't believe it... my little brother is a daddy! He is already an amazing daddy. I had no doubt :).


Proud daddy and his boy.
 
My sister in law went into labor early in the day on Saturday thinking she was just not feeling well but by late evening it was clear that she was truly in labor. TJ sent us a text at about 7 p.m. "confirming" that Erin was in labor and that baby was coming soon. I rode down to Corvallis OR (8+ hour drive) with my parents. We drove through the night through tons of rain! It was an awful drive- I couldn't sleep at all! We got a text from TJ at about 1:45 a.m. saying that Henry had arrived! We couldn't wait to get there and then finally arrived at the hospital at about 3 a.m. along with Erin's family (mom, dad, brother, sister in law and niece). We had to wait about an hour to see the new little family but by about 4:00 we were all taking turns holding Henry and giving mommy and daddy hugs. Henry's mommy did an amazing job! It sounds like a pretty rough labor with no pain meds. TJ was very proud of his wife :).

We got about 3 hours of sleep then were back up for breakfast and to go see Henry again. By about 1 p.m. I was on the road home with Erin's father, brother, sister in law, and niece. My parents are staying all week and Erin's mom is staying into the first week of December. We are so happy that Erin will have her mom there for such a long time to help out.

I got home at about 9:00 p.m. on Sunday and slept hard all night! Yesterday, Rowen couldn't wait to see more photos/videos of Henry that I had taken with my phone and then we were busy all morning making a Happy Birthday card for Henry and then Rowen wrote a darling letter to him. I wish I had taken a photo of it because it is truly precious! Rowen and I went to the post office on our way to his music class to mail the card, letter, and a small gift to Henry. We can't wait to see him at Christmas! We love you Henry.

6 comments:

Haaks2 said...

Oh I'm so glad you were able to make it there. There is something special about the first baby:). I love the sibling pic and baby Henry. LOVE the name:). Rowen is so sweet with his letters, what a heart of gold mamma!

Haaks2 said...

Oh I'm so glad you were able to make it there. There is something special about the first baby:). I love the sibling pic and baby Henry. LOVE the name:). Rowen is so sweet with his letters, what a heart of gold mamma!

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

What a trip! I am amazed you guys drove through the rain and dark night. I am sure it was worth it all when you got to snuggle Henry as a brand new baby boy! Congrats to you all! He is so precious! Way to go Erin for a drug free birth- incredible!

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

I am so excited that you are now Aunt Liza! :-) Henry is as sweet as can be. I am so impressed with your whirl wind trip down to Corvallis and back. It is really special that you got to be there right after Henry was born. I know you can hardly wait to get your hands on him at Christmas.

Congratulations TJ and Erin!!!

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

LOVE the new family photo and photos of the boys!!!

This Is The Day said...

Wow he really does look like Rowen!!! So sweet! How special that you got to be there at the hospital! Congratulations Auntie Liza!