Here are a few of Rowen's accomplishments so far...
- Smiling!

He will smile for us several times a day now. It is the best smile I have ever seen in my entire life!
- Lifting his head up when on his tummy and pulling his knees up under his chest one at a time- almost in a crawling motion.

- Rolling over from tummy to back when on a hard surface!
We knew he was close because he has been working really hard to roll over this past week but when we were at the doctor's on Monday for his 2 mos. immunizations he rolled over 3 times on the doctor's table! Our doctor said, "Did you just roll over for the first time at the doctor's office? You're supposed to do that at home when mommy and daddy have the camera ready!" We were so thrilled to see this that we kept putting him back on his tummy to see him roll over again and again while we waited for the nurse to come in with his shots.
- Sleeping more and more at night!

Some nights are better than others but Rowen is starting to sleep 5 hours at a time from about 9 or 10 o'clock, then he sleeps only about 2-3 hours after the 3:00ish feeding but I am feeling much more rested now that I can get a 2.5- 3.5 hour stretch of sleep in! Wow, that feels good :).
Here are a few of Rowen's favorite things...
- Playing on the floor with mom, dad, grandma and/or grandpa.
Rowen is really beginning to enjoy playing on the floor now. He lays on his back and kicks his legs and moves his arms around. He is moving at all times! We talk to him and play with him and he smiles up at us with a huge, beautiful smile. He is also playing more on his tummy now. He will lift his head up to look around and pull his knees up under his tummy and then kick them back, almost propelling himself forward. We just watch him in amazement... he is the best entertainment in the world!
- Showers with daddy!
Rowen loves to shower with Eric at night. He just hangs out in Eric's arms and seems to enjoy letting the warm water run over him. Then when Eric hands him to me to get wrapped up in a towel he becomes more than just a little unhappy :(.
- Time with his grandma and grandpa
Rowen loves to play with grandma and grandpa. They are soooo good with him- I think they are better at making him happy than Eric or I are most of the time. I can tell that he is going to love playing with them for many years to come.
Here are a few of Rowen's least favorite things...
- Naps during the day
Rowen is sleeping well at night (at least it is better than it used to be). He is getting pretty good at putting himself to sleep at night but during the day he does not like to nap for very long and he fights going to sleep even when his eye lids are slamming shut on him.
- Being strapped into his carseat
Oh my! You would think it was the end of the world the way he cries when we have to tighten the straps on his carseat. He screams so hard that he turns bright red and can't breath for a few seconds... this is the "I'm so mad at you mommy for doing this to me! I was having so much fun moving around and playing!" scream. It is different from all his other cries- I can tell he is just mad because he doesn't want to be confined to that carseat. No, he wants to be able to move at all times.
- Being still for more than just a few minutes

As you can tell from the above paragraph Rowen likes to move! I think we have a very active boy on our hands. If Rowen is awake he must be either eating or moving. If either of these things are not happening then it is as if his world is coming to an end. We spend a great deal of time on the floor with him and walking him around the house. Daddy is best at walking Rowen around the house because there is a very specific way Rowen prefers to do this and Eric has it down pat! Rowen does not like the swing- only occasionally and he doesn't like to sit in his reclinding chair much at all. It will be really intersting to see how active he becomes once he can be more mobile.
I hope you have enjoyed learning a little more about Rowen. I will keep everyone updated on his accomplishments as well as his likes and dislikes as he continues to grow and change. As of Monday, Feburary 18th Rowen weighed 10 lbs. 14 oz. I am sure he is 11 lbs by now. He is officially 2mos. old tomorrow. It is true that time flies when you are having fun and I am... I am having the time of my life!
1 comment:
I actually beat Maddy to your blog for once so thought I would post. It isn't that Rowen is uncomfortable in the car seat, it just happens that when guys are strapped into 5 point harnesses and aren't driving we get steering wheel envy. I would cry about it too.
Post a Comment