Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fun with Rowen

It has been too long since I last posted. I can't seem to find the time to sit down and type without Rowen attached to me somehow- not that I mind but it is nice to have both arms free for a little while :). Rowen is taking one of his very rare, longer than 20 minutes naps right now so I thought I would attempt a quick post.

Rowen is now 11 weeks old and 13 lbs. He just keeps growing and changing at such a fast rate. I feel like in a blink of an eye he will be going to Kindergarten!


Rowen and I have been having fun together. We have been going on walks at least a few times a week. I hope this increases as the weather gets warmer. We have also gone to a mommy and me group in Spokane at Sacred Heart Hospital. I have also attempted to make it to a mommy and me yoga class but we just haven't been able to get there- Rowen is either taking a rare nap and I don't want to wake him or something else comes up and we are unable to go.



Rowen is also having lots of fun with his daddy! As soon as Eric gets home I pass Rowen off to him and they play for a few hours before Rowen's bedtime. It seems like Rowen has been waiting for Eric to come home all day so that he can play- Eric just seems to have the right touch in the evenings- walking him around the house, patting his back, and lifting him high into the air. Eric was gone last week for work and Rowen and I really missed him!
While Eric was gone for the week my parents came over each evening to make me dinner and entertain Rowen. We were both very spoiled! Rowen is so fortunate to have such devoted and playful grandparents. Rowen's Nana (Eric's mom) came over one afternoon to watch Rowen while I went to the grocery store. They had a good time together and it was sure nice to get to go grocery shopping without a crying baby. I tried to really take my time and enjoy the time to myself but I still rushed through the shopping- I guess it is just a habit!


Last Thursday afternoon Rowen and I headed to Cheney Middle School for the baby shower that was planned to take place a long time ago but since Rowen came into the world early we had to postpone it until today. It was so nice to get to see my wonderful colleagues again and to introduce Rowen to everyone. We also ran into some of my students past and present. One of my students took photos of Rowen and I to put in the CMS annual. The student who took the photos told me that we would be on the first page of the annual- he thought that I would be pretty impressed with that! I'm sure that won't be the case (thank goodness!) but I thought it was funny that he thought I would really like something like that- that is what I miss about teaching- all the funny stuff kids say, think, and do.

1 comment:

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Rowen has grown so much! Wow- he is such a cutie! I love the picture of Rowen playing guitar- he looks like hes going to be very talented. Clara cannot wait to meet Rowen, and either can we. Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time, keep enjoying your little angel.