
In the last week Rowen has learned to do two new things...
1) Roll onto his tummy from his back in his crib at night
We knew he could do this for the past few weeks but he was not doing it at night in his crib until last Sunday night. I swaddled him up as usual and put him to bed when only a few hours later we heard him crying. I went in to check on him and found him on his tummy in his swaddle unable to roll back over! I quickly unswaddled him and put the swaddle blankets away for good! Now he rolls over onto his tummy and usually wakes up crying. He is learning to soothe himself back to sleep thanks to that handy thumb but he is still learning how to deal with this new "trick" at night. Sometimes he rolls back over onto his back but other times he just stays on his tummy and fusses until we roll him back over. I am trying to be hopeful that it will get better :).
2)Suck his thumb
Rowen has been sucking on his fingers for a long time but just the thumb is new. I don't know if it will last but it is sure cute! We don't necessarily want a thumb sucker but he won't take a pacifier so what can we do? When I go to get Rowen out of his crib in the morning I often find him on his tummy sucking his thumb like the above photo shows.

This is Rowen's new friend- Ribbit the Frog. He loves to talk to Ribbit and suck on his eyes. He has another little green stuffed frog that he also just loves. The other frog actually "ribbits" when you squeeze his tummy and Rowen just smiles with delight when he hears it. So for now his two favorite toys are frogs- if that doesn't say he is all boy I don't know what does.

On Thursday my very good friend Maddy came back to Cheney for a visit. I had really missed Maddy- the last time we were together was in early December at her baby shower- we were both still pregnant. I was so happy to finally get to meet little Clara! While we were together I got to hold Clara while she took a nap- what a sweet and snugly little girl! We got together with Josie and Bennett as well. It was so fun to be with two of my best girlfriends and their babies. It is amazing how our lives have changed and to get to share it together is so much fun. The three of us have been close friends since we were in elementary school. I always knew that someday we would be moms together. Bennett is 6 weeks, Clara is 2 months, and Rowen is 4 1/2 months. They are so darn cute all lined up together!


1 comment:
Happy Mothers Day to an amazing mother and friend!!! Thank you so much for the fun and long overdue play date. It was so wonderful to see you and get to finally meet sweet and adorable Rowan! Clara was so interested in Rowan. I just know they will be great friends just like us.
:)
Maddy
Post a Comment