Monday was my first official day back to work. I went into my classroom last week for a few half days here and there but Monday was my first full day. This meant that Rowen and I were away from each other for 10 hours- by far the longest we have ever been apart. As was expected, Rowen did much better with the change than I did. I cried as I backed out of the garage that morning at 7:00 a.m.. Rowen was oblivious to what was happening as he played on the living room floor with his daddy. Once I arrived at work and was greeted by my wonderful colleagues and friends I felt much better. Eric took Rowen to Rachel's house and then he headed off to work as well. I only called Rachel 3 times to check on Rowen and each time I called he was doing wonderfully! I am feeling very positive about going back to work now. I think that a few days a week at work and several days a week at home with Rowen is the perfect balance for me. I feel so fortunate to have both!

4 comments:
Liza, I have been thinking of you as I knew your first day back at work was approaching. I am so happy it went well for both of you! Sounds like he is in great hands.
I LOVE the picture of Rowen in his hot rod...he looks just like Eric in that picture.
I'm glad it went well Liz, I've been thinking of you. I agree, Rowen looks just like Eric in that photo!
Hahaha, that is a great picture! I love it. :) I'm glad your first days back went well. Rowen is such a good little baby! Kariya aboslutely loves having him around. She gets so excited when she realizes that he's here. :)
I've been thinking a lot about you this past week! I'm glad you feel that working part time will be perfect for you. I feel the same way, but I must admit that my first day back this week was really difficult too. Even though I worked last school year, having the entire summer off made it hard to go back and leave Rylan. But, once we get into the swing of things it will be nice. I hope we get to see you soon!
Post a Comment