Friday, November 28, 2008

Rowen's First Thanksgiving

Rowen's first Thanksgiving feast

Uncle Shon thought that it would be funny to see Rowen's reaction to the huge turkey leg on his plate. He mostly just looked it over and touched it then looked at all of us like- "what am I supposed to do with this?". Rowen's first Thanksgiving feast consisted of mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, turkey, bread stuffing and cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce, roll, and creamed corn. Rowen couldn't stay awake long enough for pie but I am sure he will get at least a few bites of the leftover pumpkin pie his Nana made. Rowen entertained us all during dinner. He is doing this new laughing thing when he eats. He takes a bite then starts laughing, closes his eyes, and shakes his hands. It is really funny to watch. We all laugh so he just keeps going. He is just so much fun!



This Thanksgiving we were very fortunate to have Eric's older brother, his wife Krista, and their daughter, Sydney, here for the holiday! Rowen just loves Sydney and she is excellent with babies.



We had a great time celebrating together. We ate lots of yummy food, played games and watched a few movies. This is Shon and Sydney playing Twister. Rowen was in charge of spinning the wheel. I think Sydney won :).




Our first Thanksgiving as a family of 3.


Nana and Grandpa Volk


The Volk brothers~ Travis, Shon, and Eric

3 comments:

This Is The Day said...

Wow! That sounds like quite the Thanksgiving feast! He is such a cutie! I don't think I knew that Eric had an older brother. I thought it was just him and Shon. I can't believe Rowen has had so many ear infections! Poor baby! We miss him and are hoping to get settled soon so we can have him come over and play again! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that Shon gave the turkey leg to Rowen! What a great picture! Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving - Rowen is looking cuter than ever!

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Love the picture of Rowen's big feast! How cute! Glad you had a great day.