Thursday, June 25, 2009

Camping Trip #2 2009= time with cousins!

This was a special camping trip because Rowen got the chance
to spend some much needed quality time with his cousins and Great Aunt and Great Uncle.

Rowen and Olivia (above), who is 2, had a great time together. They chased eachother around, tickled each other, laughed together, kissed a few times and held hands on many occasions! They were so darling together that the adults often started laughing so hard it was hard to stop. They were by far each other's favorite entertainment.

Rowen is so lucky to have Liz (15 in August), his oldest cousin. Rowen has been taken with Liz from the very beginning. He will go to her before anyone else and let her hold him and talk to him. She is such a sweet little mama to all of her little siblings so I think Rowen knows that she is safe and warm and loving :). She is also very smart and an amazing volleyball player. She has been selected to play in a tournament in Arizona with a recruited team of girls from the Spokane area over the next 7 days. She plays club volleyball, started out as a setter and is now a middle hitter- she is 5'10'' and still growing! She can hit that ball like you wouldn't believe. I am so proud of her and so amazed at the level she is playing at at such a young age. I wasn't playing her level of volleyball until I was a junior, maybe even senior in high school and even then maybe not! It is going to be so fun to watch her play volleyball throughout highschool at CHS and maybe even college ball too?!



Rowen also enjoyed playing on the beach with his two boy cousins, Matt and Charlie. Matt showed Rowen how to put sand in his dump truck and then dump it out. Rowen thinks the world of his two older boy cousins- they are doing all the things he can't wait to do.


As usual, Rowen loved the beach.
He carried bowl after bowl of water up to his toys.
He was determined!
Grammy was wonderful as always. She played with Rowen on the beach, prepared meals for him, read him stories, and put him down for naps and bedtime with such patience!

When Rowen would get sleep he would point to the swings... it was hard on my tush but we managed to swing for quite some time before heading to the camper for a nap.

Rowen being silly! He is growing up so fast.
His little personality is so special to me... I love learning about him.
Well, we are off to Seattle for the weekend... Eric and I are running the 1/2 Rock N Roll Seattle Marathon! Then we will be home for a few days before heading off for Camping Trip #3 2009!! Have a great weekend everyone!






6 comments:

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Sounds like a great trip. I love the picture of Rowen carrying the water in the bucket. Such determination! I said he looks more like a toddler every day, but I still see baby (especially those cute legs:) which makes me happy...its hard to think of them all growing up too fast.

Bryon, Sara, Rylan and Ayla said...

I love the picture of you and Rowen on the swing...so precious! I'm glad you are having a fun summer! I hope we can get together soon!

This Is The Day said...

That looks like so much fun! Great pics! I love the last one of him being silly. He is TOO cute!

Haak House said...

I love the pic of you and Rowen on the swing. Too cute. Good luck on your race!

Anonymous said...

Good luck this weekend at the 1/2 marathon! I'll be thinking about you guys! O, and Rowen gets cuter ever post you make! He sure seems like a real fun little guy!

The Brennan Fam said...

How fun! Rowen sure loves being outdoors... Enjoy every minute you have playing this summer!! :) We'll have to make a playdate soon...