While I am cleaning up the kitchen Rowen is sitting at the counter eating a snack. He sees a pad of paper and a pen and says, "I will make a list for the store. What do we need?". I begin to list off things we need at the store and he writes a list, taking every item seriously, saying things like, "yes, we do need that" or "okay, I got it mommy" as he scribbles it down on the pad of paper. He is just so precious and learning so much so fast.
Rowen hugs my belly often throughout the day. He says, "Ohhh, hi baby", in a high pitched voice. He never forgets to tell the baby good night, rubs my belly and kisses it too.
Rowen comes into our bedroom early in the morning- often at 6 a.m. He throws his stuffed animals up on to our bed then climbs up in between us. His feet automatically go to one of our backs or bellies to warm up and then he either says he wants to eat breakfast or watch a "show" (cartoon). We are usually up and ready for the day by 7ish no matter the day of the week due to our Ro but I think the mornings are the best time with him so I don't mind too much.
Rowen is making up songs about all sorts of things. He has turned the story of The Three Little Pigs and The Big Bad Wolf into a song. It is darling.
Rowen LOVES to recreate stories by acting them out with us. The other day he acted out The Three Little Pigs with Grammy for over an hour, over and over again. He would get very dramatic during the part of "And I will huff and puff and blow your house down!".
Rowen likes to tell Daddy that "one day when you are a little boy and I am big I will teach you how to _____" or "I will take you to _____". Recently he told Daddy, "When I am big and you are a little boy I will take you to that gymnastic place and let you do the zip line!". We think it is so darling that he believes our roles will be reversed some day and I guess in a way they will be but he will always be our little boy.
Rowen very lovingly calls Racoco (our cat), "my little chicken". He says this in the sweetest voice then chases after her and lays on top of her while she moans and then begins to hiss at him.
Rowen calls Grammy "honey bun", a loving nickname that they have for one another. When saying goodbye to her he insists on them both saying "goodbye honey bun" along with many other loving phrases.
Ro calls Papa "Popi" from time to time. We all laugh :).
I am cleaning up from lunch on a Saturday. While I clean up I get the privilege of watching Rowen and his Daddy "wrestle" on the living room floor. Rowen is loving every minute of it and Daddy is the best at keeping it fun and active yet safe and appropriate. I love to hear their grunts and groans as both work so hard to wrestle the other down.
During lunch Rowen licked some peanut butter off of his finger. He looks at me and says, "The baby will do that." I ask, "Do what?". Ro replies with, "Suck his finger. Babies like that mommy."
While learning to ski for the first time, Rowen thought it would be thrilling to ski down the hill (a very small hill) with his eyes closed the entire time. He would giggle at the thrill of this and when he fell he laughed- no tears or frustration. Rowen tends to be a bit of a thrill seeker. We have seen this come out a few other times in his short 3 years. I am a bit worried about what is to come :).
5 comments:
How funny that we are going to have babies so close again. :)
It's exciting you are waiting to find out the gender. I seriously considered waiting with this pregnancy, but it would be extra challenging for me b/c I would have to choose a coworker to do my scan who won't tell everyone else.
Congratulations!
Oh this is soooo sweet! Love this post!
The pictures were taken on Monday so I was just short of 17 weeks. Ultrasounds at 16 or 17 wks are pretty much the same as ultrasounds at 20 wks it's just some of the more detailed things like the heart can still be hard to see. The pictures were taken on one of the machines with the newest software and if we have a thin enough patient we can usually see pretty much everything at that point.
My absolute favorite ultrasounds are the 8 to 10 week ones. I love the dancing gummy bear! :)
Those are great! He has such a good imagination! I love that he is so excited and interested in the baby. So sweet.
Such a sweet boy. Good job documenting these precious things, Liz.
Post a Comment