
Another wonderful month and a half of pregnancy has flown by- I can't believe my last pregnancy post was at 21 weeks. Time is flying by! I am still feeling really good and enjoying every moment of it- mostly :). Believe me, I have my complaints but when I really stop to think about it, this pregnancy has been so great. The first trimester I was pretty nauseous but since then I have felt really good.
I have no major aches and pains. After experiencing such a painful pregnancy with Rowen (carpel tunnel and then pain from HELLP syndrome) I don't take "pain" lightly. I am able to keep it in perspective. Aches and a little discomfort and totally doable!! If I am on my feet really moving around for a long time then my sciatica does start to bug me but my carpel tunnel is still very minor. I am so grateful! I get tired out pretty quickly but I know my limits so I only do what is realistic for me. Working part time is truly the most I could do at this point. I don't know how I would be able to teach 22 Kindergarteners 5 days a week and come home to my 3 year old and still be a decent mother! It is challenging enough when I work 2-3 days a week.
At this point my health is looking good. I have an appointment on Friday at which point my doctor is going to run a few tests as a baseline for future tests to help him detect if pre-eclampsia is coming on over the next several weeks (HELLP hit with Rowen somewhere between 34 and 35 weeks). I will bring in a 24 hour urine sample (fun!) and then I will have some blood work done as well. I will also do my GD test on that day too. I am thinking positive and hoping to carry this baby to a safe, healthy place in pregnancy.
My in laws, my parents and Eric are all very supportive and helpful on my work days (and off days too!). They often make dinner, clean up, play with Ro (to get all of that 3 year old energy out before bed time), bath Rowen, put him to bed, and all at the same time pamper me too. Eric and I have said many times that we don't know what we would do without our parents during this time. My mom is especially a life saver for me. She is always there to do whatever she possibly can to help me get some rest and Rowen adores his time with Grammy.
We still haven't decided for sure on any names. We have a few that we both like but we have not settled on one girl name and one boy name quite yet. There are certainly a few names I absolutely LOVE but we just have to nail down a name. Not knowing the gender is making choosing a name much more difficult than I thought it would be. Choosing Rowen's name was a piece of cake compared to this time.
Baby is continuing to prove to be an active little bugger, especially at night between 9 and 11 or so; however, I do feel baby throughout the day- sitting, standing, laying down- this baby feels really strong. It is so amazing and precious and brings such joy to my life. One of our favorite things to do at night is to watch my belly move- we laugh and fall in love more and more with this busy baby. Between my darling Ro and this growing baby I feel like a very lucky mama!
4 comments:
Liza you look amazing!!!! Such an adorable little baby bump! So happy to hear you are feeling better this time around! Praying that you keep feeling good!
Glad you are feeling good and hope you stay in good health and don't have to deal with HELLP this time around. Glad to hear you have lots of help with Rowen. I know Andrew has been a huge blessing when I wasn't feeling well.
Beautiful! Liza you are glowing and look perfect (great dress by the way)! I cannot wait to meet this little one!
Wow Liza, you look AMAZING! By 27 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy, I was a disaster... swollen and uncomfortable. But pregnancy looks so beautiful on you! =) I love your shoes, btw... what kind are they?
So glad you are doing well!
Post a Comment