Monday, November 28, 2011

Pax at 3 months










Weight: 15 1/2 pounds


Paxton continues to bring smiles and laughter to our family. He is such a precious baby. We are having such a good time getting to know this new little person. I can't believe I am about to say this but sometimes I am amazed at how "easy" he is. I think it is a combination of things... I am a more experienced mama, Pax is a second baby, and Rowen was a pretty fussy baby so in comparison it seems so much easier. Of course he certainly has his moments but for the most part it isn't too hard to find a way to calm him quickly. We feel so fortunate to have this little guy in our family (fussy or not)- he is so darn fun!

  • smiling lots now
  • generally very laid back
  • certainly likes to be held but seems to really like laying on his back on the floor, under his play mat, in his crib under the mobile, on our bed, in his swing, or on his changing pad the most
  • doesn't enjoy tummy time- we do it anyways but it certainly is not a hit
  • really likes daddy with his glasses on- Pax gives Eric BIG smiles when he is wearing his glasses
  • smiles when he hears big brothers voice and looks around until he can see Rowen
  • becoming more and more intrigued with Rowen- Paxton watches Rowen run around the room while Ro is playing and smiles while he watches him
  • most content in mommy's arms or when he can at least see mommy
  • not interested at all in rolling over which we think is interesting because Rowen was rolling both ways at 2 months
  • has found his hands- sucks on them lots and they seem to always be moving
  • has slept all night long a few times but nothing consistent yet
  • has moved out of the co-sleeper and into his crib- very hard for mama to do but I think we are both sleeping better because of it
  • still loves his swing- this is his favorite place to chill and take naps throughout the day
  • still isn't fond of his car seat but is seeming to not cry as long when in it
  • cooing, "talking" more and more
  • not laughing out loud yet but he opens his mouth wide and makes an excited sound
  • loves to look at himself in the mirror that is hanging above his changing table
  • wearing 3 month clothes, some 3-6 month, some small 6 month stuff
  • stayed with Grammy and Papa a few times and Nana and Grandpa too (much harder on mommy than on Pax!)

3 comments:

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

I just can't believe that Pax is 3 months old already! I love his smiles and chubby cheeks and beautiful blue eyes. So happy for you that he is doing so well sleeping and very impressed he is in his crib now. Nice job Mama!

This Is The Day said...

He looks like such a happy baby! I see some of TJ in that bath picture!

The Reading Armadillo said...

What a cutie! Congratulations!