Monday, July 30, 2012

My son thinks I am an Olympian

Watching the Olympics is a big deal in our house. I love it and Rowen is really starting to enjoy it too. He asks to watch the Olympics and is asking TONS of questions about all of the events and athletes. Yesterday he watched a few minutes of water polo with Grammy and then they "played" water polo with pillows on her bed. He won a gold medal for his stellar goalie skills. Rowen loved every minute of course.

However, the most memorable Olympic 2012 Rowen moment thus far was just a few days ago when Rowen asked me in all seriousness, "Mommy, when were you in the Olympics? You know, for running?". I should have went along with it and told some elaborate story about overcoming the most difficult run of my life and winning a gold medal, but instead I couldn't help but smile, give my sweet boy a big hug and break the news to him that his mama has never been an Olympian. That news didn't seem to disappoint him, so all is well.

Once again, I am reminded that no matter how much it seems Ro is growing up and figuring out so much, he is still just 4 with a 4 year old view of the world. One where his mommy could be an Olympic athlete :).

4 comments:

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

So sweet and funny!

Anonymous said...

That's great liza! I love it!

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Aww...so sweet. He thinks the world of his Mama!

This Is The Day said...

Precious!