Rowen has been soooo excited to start Kindergarten and FINALLY the day came for him to begin this new journey of school... teachers, learning, homework, recess, making friends, riding the bus to and from school, eating lunch in the "Cougar Cafe", going to school with Grammy sometimes and coming home with her too (Grammy teaches at Snowdon!), inviting new friends over to play after school, and of course so much more.
Ro really wanted to ride his scooter to school on the first day. I thought we left plenty early to get to school on time but we ended up having to run the last few blocks to make it on time- barely!! Grammy was waiting for us at the corner, she took Pax (in the stroller) and Rowen's scooter and helmet then Ro and I ran into the school. Luckily we weren't the last ones there:).
This Batman backpack is very special to Ro. He picked it out and mommy spent way too much money on it but I just couldn't resist once I saw how in love he is with it. Bat wings come out of the sides and a bat hood comes out of the top :).
Once we got to his classroom Rowen found his seat right away and began coloring. Grammy and I tried to take several photos of him but he just kept saying, "Bye mom". He was ready for me to leave the minute we got there but I just couldn't leave too quickly. I hung out as long as I thought Ro could stand it (about 5 minutes) then headed home with Paxton. It was sure a strange feeling to leave the little boy who made me a mama at school ALL DAY LONG! Crazy but so very good for him.I really wasn't emotional. I cried so much throughout the entire year leading up to this day just thinking about it that I think I got all the tears taken care of. Honestly, I was just so excited for him. I know that Rowen is going to LOVE school. He is such a creative, imaginative, curious, intelligent person.
Here Ro is with his sweet teacher.
Rowen insisted on riding the bus home on the first day. I was a bit nervous but he was fine with it. I waited for him at the bus drop off (just a few houses down from us) and he got off and ran to give me a big hug. He said he had a great day but that he missed me :). This has been the response I usually get from him- he likes school, has a good time but misses mommy. What a sweet boy! I know this won't last long so I am savoring it for now. I always get lots of hugs in the morning before he leaves for school and at least a few as soon as he gets home. Bed time has become a time that he needs lots of snuggles from mommy to help fill him up so that he can get through the next day :). I don't mind that one bit!
Grammy sent me this photo during Rowen's second week of school. He chose to take school lunch so that he could have tacos. He wasn't thrilled with the meal however because it was "too messy". Home lunch seems the way to go for now :). He likes lunch meat and a piece of cheese or a peanut butter/banana roll up, fresh strawberries and blueberries, and maybe a chocolate pudding, and always WATER. He says he is so thirsty by lunch time that he needs water! Ro rarely eats all of his lunch. I make sure he gets a good snack as soon as he gets home and then he usually eats dinner really well.
We are so proud of our Rowen! He is doing so well with school, already 3 weeks in now!
He comes home each day and tells me about something fun he has done
(today it was the computer lab). He tells us that his favorite part of
the day is when he gets to draw. He is learning so many amazing things. I am so happy that he gets the opportunity to have the teacher he has and go to this school.
3 comments:
Sounds like he is doing great Liza! How exciting for Rowen! :-) And so wonderful that he's so close and with your mom!
What a grown up boy! And SO nice that your mom is there! That's so sweet that he stores up extra hugs when he is home. What a sweet boy!
What a sweet post to capture his first few weeks in kinder! I love all the details:). He sure is a sweet boy! I'm so glad he still loves his mommy and misses her! I'm a bit worried about that myself! I can't wait to see and hear what he learns! He's so smart and will do so well!!!
Post a Comment