Monday, June 2, 2008

5 months old and lots of "firsts"

Rowen is 5 months old. He weighs 17 lbs and 12 oz.
Here is what he has been up to...

First taste of solid food... yummy rice cereal.

Rowen is really enjoying solid food. So far he has had rice cereal, a little apple sauce and bananas. He didn't care for the apple sauce so we moved onto bananas and he gobbles them up. There are a few videos of Rowen's first taste of solid food on our website under Videos of Rowen.

First meal in his new high chair.

He looks angry doesn't he? "Mom- hurry up. I'm starving!" Or maybe, "What have you put me in now? I am always being placed into strange contraptions and then people stand around and smile at me and take pictures!"
No. He is just waiting patiently for his delicious rice cereal :).

Sitting up on his own.
He is still pretty wobbly but he is getting better each day. What a big boy!


Realizing his feet are a fun toy.
Rowen has been grabbing his feet for months but he has just realized that they are pretty fun to play with. He will hold onto his feet like in the above photo for quite some time and talk to them. It is so funny to watch. When his is sitting up he will lean all the way forward so that he can get his foot into his mouth :)!

First drink from a sippy cup.

We put some breast milk in it for the first time but I really want Rowen to learn how to use a sippy cup so that this summer he can drink water out of it and stay hydrated. He is doing pretty well with it. He is pretty surprised when he gets a mouthful of liquid.


First cold. I don't have a photo for this one- sorry.
Unfortunately Rowen could not completely escape getting sick. Poor little guy- his nose is stuffy and he has a little cough. It is just heartbreaking watching your baby feel icky- you just want to make it all go away :(. We took him to the doctor on Friday. Eric and I were both worried about the cough due to Eric having pneumonia but the doctor said that Rowen's lungs sound very healthy and that it would be very unlikely for him to get pneumonia just because he has been around Eric. Rowen just continues to surprise us though... even through having this cold he has been such a good boy, smiling and playing like he feels just fine. He has only had a few cranky moments but overall it has been really smooth so far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! I miss him - I feel like I haven't seen him forever! Josie

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

How much fun!!! It is so incredibly exciting to see him doing all those "firsts"! I love the picture of him sitting up- how cute. He looks so adorable.

This Is The Day said...

Haha, I love the picture of him in the high chair. That expression is priceless! It's so much fun to watch them go through all the "firsts". I'm sorry he has a cold though!! That is so hard. Sounds like he's doing great in spite of it! :)