Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Paxton's 8th month

Paxton's 8th month has been a joy. Literally within about a week of the ear tubes being placed in Pax's ears we noticed huge jumps in his physical development. We can't believe the difference. It is sad knowing that all that fluid in his ears was holding him back a bit but we are so happy to see him experiencing things now with such intense interest.


Weight: somewhere around 20 lbs

Wearing 12 month clothes (mama is squeezing him into some 9 month stuff)


  • still such a laid back baby- easy to take places, hardly fusses about anything, simply a pleasure to be around
  • likes his stroller, the ergo and the backpack still



  • becoming more stubborn by the day- uh oh!
  • sitting up well with no support

  • playing with his toys more and more
  • becoming much more interested in Rowen's toys- mostly the cars!
  • moves on his tummy towards objects he wants- not crawling at all just kind of very slightly pushing himself towards things
  • sleeps on his stomach most of the time
  • saying "mama" very clearly- mostly when he wants to eat or is tired of course 
  • we think he might be trying to say "Roro" but it is hard to tell for sure




  • starting to eat some more non-pureed food- puffs, chunks of soft fruit, small pieces of bread, etc
  • not gagging as much on new foods- if he does I just continue to feed it to him most of the time and eventually he eats it all (I am kind of a mean mommy that way :))
  • has tried a few new foods- avocado, frozen yogurt, french fries- yes, I am that mom!!
  • nursing 4-5 times a day- he can be pretty aggressive about getting to the milk source



  • twists his tongue in all sorts of crazy ways- you can see him doing a mini version in the photo below
  •  
     
  • continues to make his signature "whoo, whoo" sound- we think he is part owl :) 
  • grabbing at everything
  • naps twice a day and is sleeping at night great!
  • puts his arms up when he wants to be picked up
  • pushing up with his arms while on his tummy- has gotten on his hands and knees once for a split second


Paxton,
You are such a delight, sweet boy!
I absolutely LOVE being your mama.
Could you please stay this little forever?
Love, Mama

3 comments:

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

What a sweet baby boy. I loved reading all about him. Clara made funny tongue faces too. I can't wait to see Pax and Ro...just a couple weeks!

This Is The Day said...

How fun to hear how much he is changing and growing! Love all the pictures. What a cutie.

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

I say it every month, but I just love this boy! He is such a sweetheart. I second your question at the end of this post, but I know he will only get more adorable and fun with age. :-)