Monday, May 14, 2012

Some of the things he says...

I wish I wrote down the things Rowen says more often. He is very thoughtful, insightful, silly, truly funny, and brilliant! I know, he is my kid so of course I think he is AMAZING, but really he actually is. I just love most of the things he says. Here are just a few from the past week.

Rowen was telling me about something that happened at preschool- his teacher wouldn't finish reading a story to the group because the kids were interrupting her too much. Rowen explained the scenario to me then said,
R: "She said she was talking to everyone mommy. I don't know why she said that?"
Me: What do you mean? It is polite to listen when someone is reading out loud to you.
R: I know! I was listening. I wasn't talking but she said she was "talking to everyone". Why would she say that. K and I were listening.
Me: Well, sometimes teachers say things like that but I am sure that Miss R noticed that you and K were listening.
R: I just don't know why she said she was "talking to everyone".


Driving home one evening there was a beautiful full moon in the sky. Rowen noticed it and asked,
R: "How could we get there?"
Me: In a rocket ship! Maybe one day you will be an astronaut and you can travel to the moon.
R: I don't think so. I am going to be a zoo keeper.


After eating cookies Rowen says...
"Smell my throat mommy! It smells like cookies!"


Rowen has been learning about recycling at preschool. Everything his teacher says is gold- as it should be :)! We have told him about recycling before, explained what types of materials can go in the big blue container that we leave out in front of our house every Monday morning. It didn't really sink in until Miss R started teaching the kids about recycling. They learned that in our area the recycling center accepts only certain plastics and that we can tell which ones are allowed by reading the number on the bottom of the container.

We were driving home from preschool.
R: Does our blue container allow 3's, 5's and 7's mom?
M: No
R: That is too bad.
M: I know

From that day on he has checked the bottom of every plastic container in our house. 


No comments: