June ended with Eric and I running the Seattle 1/2 Marathon. I crossed the finish line with a slow time, some knee pain (from a knee injury), but feeling like I accomplished something big!
Eric did fantastic! He finished his first 1/2 marathon in 2 hrs- a huge success!!! During our training, Eric swore he would never do another one. Well, guess what?! He is considering doing another 1/2 in October... I knew the running addiction would get to him too!
The links below show photos of us crossing the finish line. I am in a white hat, sunglasses, white tanktop and black shorts, ipod on my arm. Eric is in a grey long sleeved shirt, black shorts and sunglasses. It is kind of like "Where's Waldo?" :), so good luck!
http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=45933&BIB=20445&LNSEARCH=1
http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=45933&BIB=15608&LNSEARCH=1
In between camping trips we have been having lots of fun at home...
Rowen goes to his Nana and Grandpa's house about once a week to play all day. This gives mama some time to run errands, go to appointments, clean the house, and maybe squeeze in something fun :). At Nana and Grandpa's house Rowen plays in his swimming pool, chases Rita around, takes rides with Grandpa on the golf cart, swings on the back patio, and plays and reads books with Nana during his visits. He is such a lucky boy! I don't have any photos on my computer of his time at Nana and Grandpa's but believe me- they have many at their house on thier computer!
A few weeks ago I made edible play dough for Rowen to play with. He thougth it was pretty wierd but he indulged mama for awhile. I didn't make the usual peanut butter kind- I tried something different but I don't think he cared for the taste much. Next time I will make peanut butter play dough- I'm sure that will be a hit! This play dough was really sticky so I added some flour to it. Once I realized he wasn't wild about the play dough I got out chocolate pudding for him to "finger paint" with. He LOVED this while making a huge mess, licking all his fingers numerous times, and saying "mmmmm" over and over :). He is so funny. I didn't get any photos because I was also covered in either play dough or chocolate pudding the entire time!
· 1/3 cup light corn syrup
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 1/3 cup margarine
· 1 tsp. vanilla extract
· 1 lb. powdered sugar
· food coloring (optional)
· flavoring
1. Step 1 Mix margarine, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla together in a bowl.
2. Step 2 Add powdered sugar...
3. Step 3 Knead........Untill it looks like dough.
4. Step 4 Divide and add food coloring.
5. Step 5 Mix together until it is all the same color.
6. Step 6 Put in the refrigerate to keep from spoiling when not in use.
We have been mixing fun at our local parks with socializing with good friends. Rowen and I have been meeting different friends at Manito park about once a week over the last 4 weeks and we even enjoyed a nice summer dinner in the park with friends a few weeks ago. Rowen is becoming more and more proficient at climbing the equipment, sliding down the slides, and digging in the sand. Today he played with a few kids in the sand area for quite some time before realizing he didn't know where I was. He had become so engaged in play that he forgot about mama- it made me realize again how fast he is growing up.
This photo cracks me up... Bennett has lost his sippy cup and Rowen is trying to look through a very tiny hole in a piece of wood he found on the ground!
Josie, Bennett, Devri, Cooper, Me and RowenIt is pretty difficult to get a good picture of all of us these days :)
Papa's birthday was on July 9th! He is 49 so we are taking all suggestions, ideas, advice for his upcoming 50th bash! Rowen got to spend some time with his Papa on his b-day before he left to go on a rafting, hiking, 4-wheeling trip with my uncle and cousin. We are sure he had a great time turing 49 in the mountains :).
Rowen and Papa enjoying some ice cream :-)
Spending time with Grammy is a huge part of our summer fun. We are so fortuante to have Grammy home all summer long, as she is a teacher too! We go on lots of walks together, have lunch together, play at our house and hers, and much more. Rowen has been saying "Gama" quite a bit lately- of course only when he feels like it and not when we ask him too... little stinker :).
We have had lots of fun play dates with various friends. Unfortuantely, I only have photos from a few of our "dates". I love that all of my girlfriends have little ones right now. We have so much to talk about and it is a blast to watch our kids growing together.

Eric and I have been fortunate enough to enjoy a few dates over the last month- and I really do feel fortunate. I know that there are lots of parents who don't get a chance to get away. We all need that time! Our best date was the Coldplay concert at the Gorge... this was an amazing concert!!! For more details read the Donnelly's blog, Devri did a great job describing the experience. While we were gone, Rowen spent the day and night with Grammy (Papa was on his 49th b-day trip). Grammy took him to a bbq at the Conrath's house that was full of summer time fun... a bouncy house that Rowen LOVED, yummy food, Uncle TJ and Erin, and lots of kids to play with. Thanks Grammy for that special time with you!
The amazing view at the Coldplay concert
1 comment:
Wow - it makes me tired just to read what you three have been up to this summer! :-) I am so in awe of both you and Eric for running a half marathon in June...I need to catch that running bug you speak of. The edible playdough sounds yummy - and fingerpainting with pudding on top of that...you are one brave/fabulous mommy, Liz! I am so glad we have been able to share in so much summer fun these past few months. :-)
Post a Comment