Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Rowen!


Our 1 year old boy

A day later and I still can't believe that Rowen is 1! I found myself staring at him more today than usual (which is quite a bit because I think he is so adorable and the best thing in the world to look at!) and thinking that he looks small to me. I think this is because I expected him turning 1 to change something major about him (like size perhaps) and it really hasn't. He is still my baby, just as sweet and small and happy as ever.

We had such a fun day yesterday. Rowen was a fantastic birthday boy- happy and smiley and playful. I couldn't stop smiling all day. He just makes me so very happy, I hope I do the same for him.

Rowen's birthday started with lots of smiles and hugs for mama and daddy and a delicious breakfast of cheerios, blueberry waffles, and milk. YUM!

After a refreshing 2 hour nap and a small lunch the guests started arriving. We had lots of family and friends at our house for the big celebration, probably about 30 people. I know, maybe a bit much for a 1st birthday party but Rowen seemed to love the chaos and all the attention of course.

Rowen loved his birthday cupcakes. He was a little shy when everyone sang "Happy Birthday " to him but perked right up when it was time to devour his cupcake. Rowen sat and opened lots of gifts (with our help of course) and loved each and every one! He seemed delighted with them all- it was very cute.


Grammy and Papa


Uncle Shon

Nana and Grandpa




Uncle T.J. and Aunt Erin

Singing "Happy Birthday" to Rowen.

BIG bite!

"Yeah Daddy, this is so yummy!"


Mama, Rowen, and Daddy


The first cupcake was so good that he had to have another!
First things first- lick the frosting off the candle.


Opening Birthday presents.





Thank you everyone for coming and for the generous gifts! Rowen loves you all!

7 comments:

Jen, Gabe and kiddos said...

Wow! He grew up so fast. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Happy birthday Rowen!

The Brennan Fam said...

Happy Birthday, Rowen! How exciting that he is one now, I can't believe it! Congratulations mommy and daddy, I hope his first year was all you had hoped for and more! He is absolutely adorable and we will have to do something soon!!

This Is The Day said...

Happy Birthday Rowen! We are still bummed that we had to miss your party but it looks like you had SO much fun! We'll have you over soon and have a little celebration. :)

Bryon, Sara, Rylan and Ayla said...

Looks like the party was a success! Sorry we missed it, but we're glad you had such a good time and that Rowen was so good. We'll have you over soon and Rowen can open yet another gift.

The Reading Armadillo said...

Happy Birthday Rowen! What a handsome little guy. Can you believe how fast that first year goes?

Haak House said...

Crazy! I can't believe Rowen is 1 year old. I love the happy pics of him. He is such a delight. Congrats!

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Happy Birthday Rowen! How time has flown! He is growing and changing so fast. Looks like it was a special day and that he had fun. We are sad we missed it but were thinking of you guys.