Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today Eric and I were still feeling stunned... stunned that we were parents on New Year's Eve 2007 and even more stunned that we were parents 5 weeks earlier than we expected.We were also feeling joy like we never had before in our lives. Our sweet baby was home with us (4 days old), healthy, and so beautiful. Looking at these photos now, I am amazed that an entire year has gone by. It really does seem like just a few months ago that we had a newborn Rowen. Now, we have a busy, happy, stubborn, loving 1 year old Rowen!

I'm not sure if all of these photos were taken on December 31st but I know that they were taken during our first few days home from the hospital. We came home on December 29th, 2007.


All bundled up and sleeping so peacefully.


Tiny head and body in Daddy's big hands.


Look at those scrawny arms and legs. You wouldn't know the Rowen
of today is the same baby!


This was taken at my parent's house on January 1st, 2008.
We enjoyed a delicious New Year's dinner and then relaxed together as a family
while we stared in marvel at our precious boy.

3 comments:

This Is The Day said...

Wow, it's hard to believe that they can change that much in just a year! Those are such sweet pictures. I love looking back at those first days when they are all cuddly and soft. It makes it easy to forget the sleepless nights and endless dirty diapers. Haha. :)

Josie S. said...

I can't believe it's been a year either! We had lots of fun at Rowen's birthday party - the first of many we will attend over the years!

Bryon, Sara, Rylan and Ayla said...

How time flies! I can't believe how big our boys are now. It is amazing to look back just one year ago and think about how different things were. We are so blessed aren't we? Let's plan a play date soon!